Free training in a stress-busting protocol for people with cancer.
The Ishta Spinal Touch Stress-Busting Protocol is based on a simplified version of Ishta Spinal Touch and is very easy to learn and apply. You don't need any special equipment and you can learn how to do it in one day. It is very gentle to receive and also very gentle on the person doing it. This makes it perfect for people who may already have reduced resources as a result of their cancer.
High levels of stress are not good for you, especially if you have cancer1. The stress hormones weaken the immune system, create an acidic environment in the body and encourage inflammation. All these things make it harder for the body to heal itself from cancer. It also wears down those who are caring for you making them more susceptible to their own health challenges2.
A certain amount of stress is good for us. It often leads to strength and growth and gives savour to our lives. The body has a natural capacity for some stress known as the elastic limit. As the name implies when the stress is removed the body will bounce back. When the amount of stress goes beyond the elastic limit then the body will not bounce back by itself.
Empty your bucket
Think of the elastic limit as an internal bucket. When stress happens it goes into the bucket. So long as the bucket doesn’t overflow then the stress stays within the body’s elastic limit. Stress only becomes a problem when the bucket overflows.
What goes into the bucket?
There are at least sixteen different classes of stressor which stress the body. We tend to think of emotional difficulties as the main cause of stress but the list actually includes:
- Pregnancy. For the nine months of pregnancy there are constant nutritional and hormonal demands on the female body. As the foetus grows the woman’s centre of mass is altered which puts additional strain on the lower back, organs and the whole of the postural muscles. For the partner this is often also a time of stress.
- Inflammation. Infections, and indeed any other source of inflammation, put an immediate strain on the immune system, especially the thymus gland. In people with a long history of stress the thymus gland may well have atrophied slightly. The body then struggles to deal with infections putting even greater strain on the body.
- Surgery. It may take two years to recover fully from surgery, especially when performed under a general anaesthetic. This is the case even for what might appear to be minor surgery, e.g. knee repair.
- Physical Trauma. Accidents and injuries don’t just affect the local area the whole body gears up to deal with the affects. In the case of serious injury there may be organ damage or loss of blood.
- Environmental challenges. These are numerous and on the increase and put a constant stress on the system. Common culprits are synthetic chemicals, from pharmaceuticals, pollutants, food additives, pesticides and toiletries etc., geopathic stress. electromagnetic fields, food sensitivities.
- Immunological Reactions. Vary from rheumatoid arthritis to AIDS to reactions to prescribed drugs and vaccinations. Ultimately they lead to an impaired immune system that can go into overdrive and become oversensitive.
- Insufficient Rest. This can be overwork, physical or mental, e.g. having to have 2 or 3 jobs to make ends meet; not enough sleep or down time.
- Strong Emotions. Strong emotions of any kind can lead to an over reactive system. Negative attitudes and negative people.
- Malnutrition. Lacking a vitamin or mineral, which is extremely common, leads to a chemical reaction not being able to function properly.
- Severe exposure. To heat, sun, cold or humidity is a stressor on the system.
- Sugar. In any given situation the presence of sugar in the system may increase the stress hormone adrenalin production by as much as 400%.
- Oxygen Free Radicals. The body produces oxygen free radicals, but we are also exposed to an ever increasing number of them in our society. These can be in the form of pollution outside and inside the home, pesticides and additives in the food we eat, toiletries and cleaners we use. As we age our bodies abilities to deal with these free radicals diminishes and so their effects increase.
- Dehydration. Everything takes place in the body in an aqueous environment. If we are dehydrated then all the body fluids are more viscous. This makes every activity more energy draining.
- Immobility. When we sit for more than three hours in total in a day then adhesions may start to form in the spinal column. These inhibit the free movement of the facet joints, which in turn stops the proprioreceptors from sending the "positive" signals that switch off the stress response.
- Poor posture. When there are postural distortions the nociceptors send "negative" signals to the brain which result in the activation of the stress response.
- Gravity. If we are correctly aligned we are able to deal with the constant affects of gravity. Once we are displaced then the constant gravitational field becomes a stressor on the system.
It doesn’t matter what you take out of the bucket so long as you take out enough to stop it from overflowing.
Ishta Spinal Touch
This is where Ishta Spinal Touch comes into the picture. It helps the body to correct postural distortions (15). It also corrects the displacement which makes gravity a stressor (16).
The latter is very important as you can never escape gravity and if there is a displacement then gravity becomes a constant stressor 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year. In fact some people think that this is the largest stressor precisely because we can never escape from it.
But Ishta Spinal Touch does even more.
Autonomic Nervous System
All the body’s processes over which you don’t have conscious control are governed by the autonomic nervous system. From the digestion of your food to maintaining a constant internal environment to the body’s repair and housekeeping - all are controlled by it.
There are two branches called the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
The sympathetics are in charge when we are using our resources and gears us up for action. The parasympathetics are in charge when we are replenishing ourselves and resting.
Here’s the thing.
When we are stressed, by whatever stressor category, the sympathetics are switched on and it is this high sympathetic tone, as it’s called, which makes it difficult for the body to heal itself. High sympathetic tone is more commonly know as the “fight or flight” response or the stress response.
Ishta Spinal Touch potentiates the parasympathetic system which switches off the stress response.
So not only can regular Ishta Spinal Touch help with the 2 stressors outlined above but the other 14 as well because it helps to switch off the stress response.
Help your family and friends to take charge of their recovery.
From our own experience with cancer (Allyn was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2011) we found that the person who is caring for the one with the diagnosis often feels frustrated. This is because, other than offering love and support which is vital and should never be underestimated in its benefits, they often feel that they would like to be of more practical help.
Well, if they learn the Ishta Spinal Touch Stress-Busting Protocol they have a very practical and potent way to help their loved one.
In addition, the person who is caring for the one with cancer is often very stressed themselves. As this technique is so easy to learn and to do, the person with the cancer can give something back to the person who has been helping them, by doing something very nurturing for them.
Learning the Ishta Spinal Touch Stress-Busting Protocol
You can learn the Ishta Spinal Touch Stress-Busting Protocol so that you can help each other FOR FREE!
We received help from many people when Allyn developed cancer and we would like to “pay it forward” by training anyone with cancer, and their carer, absolutely free as an expression of our gratitude for Allyn’s recovery.
You can learn the stress-busting protocol in one day. After that you will be able to induce a deep state of relaxation in each other. Your bodies can then release some of the stored toxins freeing up resources which can be redirected to your inner healers.
Is it really free?
Yes. We make no charge for teaching you the technique. There is some basic equipment you will need to bring with you which you may already have. If you haven't you should be able to get all that you need for less than £10 between you. We will also send you the notes that you need by email which you can print out and bring along.
We do it this way, rather than providing them for you, to keep our costs down as much as possible. There still are some costs involved, room hire, travel costs etc. so there will be a basket available at the end of the day in case you feel moved to give us an anonymous donation to help with them.
But let me make this absolutely clear. There will be no compulsion or pressure to make a donation. We are quite happy to bear those costs ourselves.
We would much rather people come and not make a donation than have people not come because they don't feel that they can afford to make a donation. We have been there and know that having cancer is a very expensive time often combined with a reduced income.
You will also get on-line video support for what you have learned and will get access to Allyn’s cancer resources. This is a list of books, ebooks, web sites, audios and videos which he found particularly helpful to his own recovery.
(We have posted Allyn's resources on our clinic web site here so you get these now by following the link.)
Will I have the capacity to learn this?
The day is quite long, about 8 hours, and if you are very poorly you might not have enough energy to focus for that long. You will be standing and bending a lot of the time while learning the technique. You will also spend quite a while lying on your front. Other people will be practising on you and you will be practising on them.
If you have any doubts about being able to cope with the day please talk to us first. You will also need to fill in a basic health questionnaire before hand so that we can feel confident that you have enough resources to manage. We don’t want you to end up feeling more stressed than you were before the start of the day.
Please consult with your health-care provider to make sure it is suitable for you.
How to book
If you would like to learn the Ishta Spinal Touch Stress-Busting Protocol please contact us and when we have sufficient interest we will put on a day.
In the first instance email us with your interest.
Try it for yourself
If you don't yet know how fantastic Ishta Spinal Touch is and how relaxed you feel after receiving it, why not contact your nearest Ishta Spinal Touch practitioner before you decide.
A full list of them can be found here.
The Ishta Spinal Touch Stress-Busting Protocol is based on a simplified version of Ishta Spinal Touch and is offered free of charge to people with cancer to help them manage their stress. This training does not teach you Ishta Spinal Touch or qualify you in any way in Ishta Spinal Touch.
If you wish to learn Ishta Spinal Touch you can find more information here.
1 Myrthala Moreno-Smith, Susan K Lutgendorf and Anil K Sood. Impact of Stress on Cancer Metastasis. Future Oncology December 2010, Vol. 6, No. 12.
2 The Stress of Life by Hans Selye.